Every Family Deserves A Legacy
In February 2013, Marci Guay, along with her daughter Hannah and mother Carol Lacert, attended an Inheritance of Hope Legacy Retreat in Orlando, Florida. Marci had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was looking for support to help her children and family deal with her illness. Throughout Marci’s illness, the family was worried especially about her youngest daughter Hannah as she was showing signs of separation anxiety as she struggled to cope with her mother’s illness. The Guay's were hoping, they were praying that the Legacy Retreat would be a turning point for Hannah and provide her with the tools and support she needed. By the second day of the Legacy Retreat, the family saw a dramatic change in Hannah. She no longer needed to be her mom’s shadow as she had connected with several other children, each who was facing a similar challenge in their life. Hannah finally found other teenagers she could relate to. As a family, they connected with other families who understood their fears and struggles – they were not alone. For the first time, Hannah opened up, began to ask questions about Marci's illness and share what she was feeling.
Sadly, Marci passed away on July 21, 2015. The Guay's were extremely grateful to have attended the Legacy Retreat and spent four days creating memories that the family will cherish forever. They were thankful they now had a Legacy Video which Marci recorded at the Legacy Retreat, to share a special message for each of her children. They were blessed they learned to be intentional with the time they had together creating a lasting legacy for their family.
Immediately, the family knew they wanted to do something to honor Marci's legacy. Marci's mom Carol reached out to Inheritance of Hope to share their desire to support local families who were facing the loss of a parent. Attending the Legacy Retreat was a life-changing experience for the Guay family and they are dedicated to providing others within their local community the opportunity to attend a Legacy Retreat.
Join us to support more families from northern Colorado to attend
Legacy Retreats in 2017.
YOU can make a difference...Help Us Inspire Hope
- Make a Donation - simply select the "DONATE NOW" button to make a tax-deductible gift to support the families attending the Legacy Retreat
- Become a Fundraiser - select the "Become a Fundraiser" Button
- Upon signing up, you will receive an email with information about your personal fundraising webpage.
- Customize your page with details about why you support Inheritance of Hope. You can even upload a picture and set a fundraising goal!
- Next, make a list of people whom you think would love to help IoH serve another family. You can call these people your "IoH supporters."
- Then it's time for you to launch your webpage to the world! Simply send your IoH supporters an email from your fundraising page asking for their support. Your supporters will be able to donate directly through your fundraising page -- even from their phone! You might also want to call your IoH supporters and post the link on your social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Be sure to send frequent Inspire Hope at Legacy Retreat® updates and reminders to your IoH supporters.
How Your Gift Makes a Difference
Inheritance of Hope Legacy Retreats are offered at no cost to all families who attend. Here are the ways your support impacts the families on a Legacy Retreat.
- $75,000 funds an entire Legacy Retreat®
- $5,000 funds a full family's Legacy Retreat® experience
- $1,000 funds one child's Legacy Retreat® experience
- $500 funds a family outing to Disney World for one day of a Legacy Retreat®
- $250 funds a Legacy Video where parents make a professional video for their children
- $100 funds a "Best of NYC" cruise featuring the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge for 1 family
- $50 funds a priceless Date Night experience for a couple during a Legacy Retreat®
- $25 funds Kids' Night Out fun one child during a Legacy Retreat®
Every dollar is significant in helping us inspire hope in young families
facing the loss of a parent!