Team Inheritance of Hope at the 2017 Big Sur Marathon
What do you train for?
- Register as a fundraiser on this page
- Start fundraising and inspiring families
- You will receive an invite from Big Sur to complete your event registration with a unique registration code
Team Inheritance of Hope Benefits:
- Team IOH race day apparel including drawstring bag and race apparel.
- Your own personal fundraising webpage - to make your fundraising efforts simple and successful.
- Fundraising incentives including the opportunity to have your marathon registration fee reimbursed upon raising $3,000 in donations.
- Free entrance for you and a guest to the Team IOH Pre-Race Celebration on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Location TBD.
- Your efforts in training and fundraising inspire hope in families facing a "marathon" of their own - life with a terminally ill parent.
- Stay tuned for additional benefits!
Bart Yasso, Chief Running Officer of Runner's World, has run a marathon on every continent (yes, including Antarctica!), and he says,
"If we were told we could only run one marathon in our lifetime, Big Sur would have to be it."
This is a bucket list event, and Team IoH has guaranteed entry! Click here to reserve your spot today!
What is my fundraising commitment?
Charity entries in the Big Sur Marathon require a minimum amount of funds to be raised. Half and full fundraising deadlines apply. Please read carefully the information below.
Athletes are required to raise a minimum of $1,450 by Monday, April 24, 2017.
Teams of athletes are welcome! A minimum of $1,450 must be raised per team member by Monday, April 24, 2017, therefore a team of 5 must raise a minimum total of $7,250 by Monday, April 24, 2017. To start a team, simply click on the "Create a team" button at the top right corner of the webpage.
Fundraising Deadlines: (Please read carefully)
Your registration with Team IOH in the Big Sur Marathon requires a minimum amount of funds to be raised.
Full Deadline: Your funds are due by midnight on Monday, April 24, 2017. Therefore by this date, your funds raised should total a minimum of $1,450 to retain your race entry.
Please Note: Upon registering with Team IOH, you are committing to raise the minimum required funds of $1,450. After you register and pay your registration fee of $150, you have guaranteed entry in the Big Sur Marathon, pending completion of your fundraising requirement. Inheritance of Hope will reimburse your registration fee of $150 when you exceed your fundraising requirement and raise a minimum of $3,000. See fundraising incentives below for more information.
Just a few of the ways we like to show appreciation to our athletes...
Raise $3,000: Participate for FREE! Raise $3,000 and we will reimburse your registration fee!
How can I register?
Please Note: Upon registering with Team IOH, you are committing to raise the minimum required funds of $1,450 by Monday, April 24, 2017. Your registration fee will be reimbursed to you upon reaching the fundraising goal for registration reimbursement - $3,000.
Lisa Duscio: Lisa@InheritanceOfHope.org. Team Inheritance of Hope is here to support you every step of your journey!
Inheritance of Hope strives to serve the entire family when a young parent is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. We offer a community of support where parents can encourage and advise one another and where children can meet other children who understand their fears and struggles. We offer memories for families to cherish for a lifetime, regardless of whether their parent lives another month or another 60 years. We offer ongoing support and resources to help parents navigate raising their family in the midst of crisis. Please join Team Inheritance of Hope - we need you to help us continue to serve these families! Our belief is that “Every Family Deserves a Legacy”®.